We’re going to use plain language here. We’re not hiding anything and we strive to maintain compliance with international law.
The Author Helper uses the following services to provide a site that is helpful to the visual storytelling community. By using these services we can write more useful and compelling posts, reach out to you through our newsletter to inform you about news/events, and organize the site to be easy-to-use.
MailerLite Newsletter. You must opt in to receive our newsletter. You may opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link inside the newsletter or contacting email@example.com. MailerLite strives to stay compliant with international privacy laws. See more details here: https://www.mailerlite.com/privacy-policyhttps://myemma.com/legal/privacy-notice
You may block Google Analytics if you’d like. This post shows you some methods to do so: http://geekthis.net/post/block-google-analytics/
Visiting our site is not considered consent to accept our cookies. We strongly believe in your right to privacy. You may block all cookies from our site by setting your browser preferences. A good resource on how to do this is here:
You can also find out how to block a site’s cookies on each browser’s support site:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-edge
Microsoft IE: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/internet-explorer
Please keep in mind that you have the following rights when it comes to browsing our site or any site:
- The right to request access to your personal data as well as its rectification, removal or restriction of processing (this would apply to our newsletter, as it’s the only place you can opt-in to give us information about you)
- The right to object to the processing
- The right to transfer data
- The right to withdraw consent for the processing of personal data for a specific purpose, if such consent has been previously given
- The right to bring a complaint to the supervisory authority in connection with the processing of personal data
Here’s some legalese! The above mentioned rights can be exercised in accordance with the rules described in art. 16 – 21 of GDPR, by writing us an e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.